About Our Startup & Venture Capital Practice
Emerging Company Services
Fenwick & West provides a broad range of services to emerging companies in technology and life sciences. We currently represent more than 600 VC-backed companies, and are ranked by Dow Jones and Chambers USA as one of the top VC practices in the U.S.
- Deep understanding of how technology companies are formed, financed, grown and taken public or merged
- Guidance at all stages, from initial funding through IPOs and mergers
- “Virtual general counsel” approach—provides company executives and managers with a single point of accountability for substantially all their legal needs
- Guidance on business model issues, fundraising strategy and development of quality investor materials suitable for meaningful evaluation
- Invest in off-the-clock meetings with management and the Board
- Practice legal advice, delivered with sound business judgment
- Earn the role of trusted advisor
Venture Capital Services
We also have one of the preeminent venture capital practices in the country and have long-standing relationships with the recognized leaders in the industry. Our Venture Capital Services (VCS) group helps to manage our relationships with investors and the entrepreneurial community. For investors, VCS facilitates intelligent introductions to clients raising venture capital. However, before we send introductions, we work with our clients to refine their business strategy and prepare quality investor materials suitable for meaningful evaluation. Our objective is to connect promising clients to appropriate sources of capital in the most efficient way for all stakeholders.
Because of our technology depth, broad practice and strong Silicon Valley presence, investors gain access to a high-quality pipeline of emerging companies.
In order to make properly matched client referrals, we develop profiles for each of the VC investors in our network based upon several characteristics including:
- Sector of Focus
- Company Stage of Development
- Geographic Location
- Round of Investment
- Fundraising Amount