FCPA enforcement continues to intensify. The last year has seen a heightened focus on the high tech, life sciences and entertainment industries, coupled with continued action against oil & gas, medical device, retail and other industries. With even more big ticket settlements anticipated in the next year, there has never been a more critical time to re-assess your compliance efforts and remedy weaknesses before it’s too late. In addition to U.S. Government enforcement, foreign governments have also begun to aggressively enforce their local anti-bribery laws. The recent GSK matter demonstrates that both companies and individuals face unprecedented risks of investigations, penalties—and even criminal detention!
As the premier anti-corruption conference on the West Coast, this highly intensive FCPA Boot Camp will allow you to hear what other companies are doing to mitigate exposure, develop a strong compliance program, and monitor the conduct of third parties. You will also gain first-hand insights from USDOJ, SEC and the IRS on their priorities and approaches to building a successful case.
New sessions include the following:
- Hear from Hewlett-Packard on how to strengthen your FCPA compliance program and inspire confidence
- Benchmark with Wells Fargo and Qualcomm on how to conduct a global compliance review
- Participate with Gilead Sciences, Teledyne and Oracle in hypothetical exercises on high risk scenarios in China and Southeast Asia
- Gain global compliance tips from Yahoo, Viacom, and Clorox
- Hear internal audit best practices from Visa and Allergan
- Take away practical insights from 21st Century Fox for resolving challenges in Brazil, Russia and India