Why you should attend
This three-day program will focus on the tax issues presented by the entire spectrum of modern major corporate transactions, from relatively simple single-buyer acquisitions of a division or subsidiary to multi-party joint ventures, cross-border mergers, and complex acquisitions of public companies with domestic and foreign operations, including spin-offs and other dispositions of unwanted operations. Evolving techniques for structuring, financing, and refinancing corporate restructurings and other activities will be emphasized, with particular attention being paid to consolidated return issues, to financially troubled businesses, to the role of new financial products and the effects of the evolving economic substance and business purpose doctrine, and to selected current issues in mergers and acquisitions.
8 Compelling Reasons to Attend PLI’s Tax Strategies
1. Learn practical strategies and solutions, not just a recitation of Code Sections and Regulations.
2. Keep up with the cutting edge by learning about the hottest topics in corporate tax.
3. Gain insights from an outstanding faculty of more than sixty experts drawn from Treasury, the IRS, private practice, corporations and academia.
4. Participate in a discussion of audience-selected transactions during our Corporate Transactions session.
5. Hear about the most “Interesting Transactions of the Past Year.”
6. Hear from IRS and Treasury representatives about “Issues Important to the IRS and Treasury.”
7. Attend the Tax Director Forum.
8. (a) Receive the opportunity to purchase the over 25,000-page print version of The Corporate Tax Practice Series: Strategies for Acquisitions, Dispositions, Spin-Offs, Joint Ventures, Financings, Reorganizations & Restructurings at 50% off the current retail price.
(b) Receive a complimentary flash drive of PLI’s number one bestseller, The Corporate Tax Practice Series: Strategies for Acquisitions, Dispositions, Spin-Offs, Joint Ventures, Financings, Reorganizations & Restructurings!