July 5, 2011 (Mountain View, CA) – Fenwick & West LLP is pleased to announce that 19 of its clients have been nominated for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2011 award. Representing regions throughout the United States, this group of outstanding entrepreneurs was selected from 1,891 nominations by an independent judging panel made up of previous winners of the award, leading CEOs, and other regional business and community leaders. The finalists include:
- Acucela: Chairman, President and CEO, Ryo Kubota, M.D., Ph.D.
- Amyris: CEO, John Melo
- appssavvy: Co-Founder and CEO, Chris Cunningham
- Bonobos: Founder and CEO, Andy Dunn
- Centro: Founder and President, Shawn Riegsecker
- Cepheid: CEO, John Bishop
- Contour: CEO, Marc Barros
- Coupons.com: CEO, Steven Boal
- DexCom: CEO, Terrance Gregg
- Groupon: Founder and CEO, Andrew Mason
- Keynetics: CEO, Bradley Wiskirchen
- Livescribe: Founder and CEO, Jim Marggraff
- Onyx Pharmaceuticals: President and CEO, Tony Coles
- Quidsi: Co-Founder and CEO, Marc Lore
- Quidsi: Co-Founder, General Counsel and COO, Vinit Bharara
- Semtech: President and CEO, Mohan Maheswaran
- Twin Med: Co-Founder and CEO, Steve Rechnitz
- Vocera: Chairman and CEO, Bob Zollars
- Winshuttle: Co-Founder and CTO, Vikram Chalana
"We are extraordinarily proud to represent such a diverse group of innovative, market-leading entrepreneurs," said Fenwick Chairman, Gordon Davidson. "Our clients have made a tremendous impact by advancing their industries in important, meaningful ways. We commend them for the accomplishments and contributions this prestigious award honors and wish each of them the very best."
The Entrepreneur Of The Year Program honors entrepreneurs regionally in June, leading up to the national awards in November. Additionally, venture-backed companies that win an Entrepreneur Of The Year Award regionally are also eligible for the Entrepreneur Of The Year Venture Capital Award of Excellence on a national level. The overall National US winner then moves on to compete for the Ernst & Young World Entrepreneur Of The Year Award in June.
About Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year®
Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® is the world's most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. This unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential, and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries. This year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program celebrates its 25th anniversary.
About Fenwick & West
Established in 1972, Fenwick & West works closely with clean technology, life sciences and other technology companies that are changing the world through innovation. The firm has more than 30 years of experience crafting innovative solutions to the business challenges that arise at the intersection of technology and the law. Fenwick & West clients, who range from start-up ventures to global enterprises, value our attorneys' deep industry experience and understanding of their technologies.