Mountain View, CA (April 30, 2015) – Fenwick & West is pleased to announce that Fenwick ranked first among law firms globally for volume of technology, media and telecommunications mergers and acquisitions completed during the first quarter of 2015, according to data compiled by Mergermarket.
The intelligence publication also ranked the firm first for volume of deals in the Western region of the United States, including Silicon Valley, and Bloomberg analysis found that the firm ranked third among law firms nationally and fifth globally for volume of deals across all industries.
Fenwick M&A attorneys continue to experience strong demand for their unique depth of understanding of technology business models, intellectual property and the transactional marketplace, as evidenced by this quarter’s league table rankings.
Below is an overview of the firm’s M&A rankings for the first quarter of 2015, according to leading intelligence publications.
- #3 for volume of M&A deals (Bloomberg)
- #3 for volume of mid-market M&A deals (FactSet)
- #1 for volume of technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) transactions (Mergermarket)
- #2 for volume of mid-market M&A deals (Bloomberg)
- #5 for volume of deals (Bloomberg, FactSet)
- #1 for volume of deals in the Western region of the U.S. (Mergermarket)
Fenwick’s Q1 2015 transactions include representing:
- Silicon Image in its $600 million acquisition by Lattice Semiconductor
- Facebook in its acquisitions of QuickFire Networks and The Find
- Cisco Systems in its acquisition of Embrane
- MyFitnessPal in its acquisition by Under Armour
- Dropbox in its acquisition of CloudOn
- King.com in its agreement to acquire Z2Live
- Cloudera in its acquisition of xplain.io
- LearnVest in its acquisition by Northwestern Mutual
- Marin Software in its acquisition of SocialMoov
About Fenwick & West
Fenwick & West provides comprehensive legal services to ground-breaking technology and life sciences companies at every stage of their lifecycle. We craft innovative, cost-effective and practical solutions for established and emerging companies on issues ranging from venture capital, public offerings, M&A and strategic relationships, to intellectual property, litigation and dispute resolution, taxation, antitrust, and employment and labor law. For more than four decades, Fenwick has helped some of the world's most recognized companies become and remain market leaders.