June 13, 2008 (Mountain View and San Francisco, CA, and Seattle, WA) – Fenwick & West attorneys and practice groups received top recognition from their clients and peers in the 2008 Chambers USA Legal Directory. One of the most respected legal directories in the world, Chambers conducts over 10,000 interviews with clients and attorneys to create the rankings of top attorneys and law firms in the United States. The qualities assessed include technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial awareness/astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities most valued by clients.
The rankings and editorial comment about attorneys are independent and objective. Inclusion in the guide is based solely on the Chambers research team's findings. No-one can "buy their way in."
For 2008, the Fenwick & West practices and attorneys that achieved top recognition from clients and peers are:
- Sally Abel, Intellectual Property (Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets)
- Tyler Baker, Antitrust
- Bill Bromfield, Corporate/Commercial
- Doug Cogen, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Gordon Davidson, Capital Markets (Debt & Equity), Mergers & Acquisitions and Venture Capital
- David Forst, Tax
- James Fuller, Tax
- Stephen Graham, Corporate/Commercial
- David Hayes, Intellectual Property (Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets) and IT & IT Outsourcing
- Barry Kramer, Venture Capital
- Mark Ostrau, Antitrust
- Lynn Pasahow, Intellectual Property (Patent)
- Victor Schachter, Labor & Employment
- Alan Smith, Corporate/Commercial
- Scott Spector, Benefits & Compensation
- Mark Stevens, Venture Capital
ABOUT FENWICK & WEST
Established in 1972, Fenwick & West provides comprehensive legal services to technology and life sciences clients of national and international prominence. Fenwick & West is committed to providing innovative, cost-effective and practical legal services that focus on global technology industries and issues. We differentiate ourselves by having a deeper understanding of our clients' technologies, industry environments and business needs than is typically expected of lawyers.