Bradley Meissner represents clients in a wide range of litigation matters, and his practice focuses in particular on complex commercial litigation, securities litigation, the defense of class action lawsuits. Bradley also represents and advises clients in connection with internal and regulatory investigations.
Prior to joining Fenwick & West, Bradley was a litigation associate with DLA Piper LLP. Prior to that, Bradley served as a law clerk to the Honorable James L. Dennis of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and to the Honorable Sarah S. Vance of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana. After law school, Bradley worked as a litigation associate with Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP.
Washington Super Lawyers magazine named Bradley a “Rising Star” in 2010, 2011, and 2012.
Bradley is a member of the Board of Directors of Washington Wild, a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting and restoring wild lands and waters in Washington State.
During law school, Bradley was a Hamilton Fellow, a member of the Columbia Law Review, a James Kent Scholar (2002 and 2003), and a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar (2001).
Securities/Corporate Governance Litigation and Investigations
- Represented public medical technology company in putative shareholder class action arising out of $1 billion acquisition of company.
- Represented former general counsel of publicly traded corporation in connection with Special Committee and SEC investigations focusing on accounting issues and compliance with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Representing minority shareholder of private corporation in shareholder derivative lawsuit alleging breaches of fiduciary duty and self-dealing by controlling majority shareholder.
- Representing Special Committee of mutual fund’s Board of Trustees tasked with investigating allegations of breaches of fiduciary duty made in shareholder derivative demand and lawsuit.
- Defended appraisal company in class action lawsuit alleging fraud and misrepresentations in connection with issuance of billions of dollars in residential mortgage-backed securities. Plaintiffs voluntarily dismissed claims against client after motion to dismiss was filed.
- Represented outside directors of private corporation in shareholder lawsuit alleging breaches of fiduciary duty. Plaintiffs’ claims against clients dismissed on initial motions.
- Defended venture capital investor in public technology company against shareholder claims in federal securities law class action. All claims against client dismissed on initial motion to dismiss.
- Represented former CFO of publicly traded travel company in federal securities class action.
Complex Commercial Litigation
- Defended publicly-traded semiconductor company against third-party claims of fraud and negligent misrepresentation asserted by computer manufacturer. All claims dismissed on initial motion to dismiss.
- Represented early stage company in intellectual property dispute with former contractor concerning ownership rights to company’s software products.
- Defended business management service provider against claims by joint venture company for tortuous interference with contract and aiding and abetting breaches of fiduciary duty. Succeeded in securing dismissal of lawsuit in favor of arbitration, and arbitration panel granted summary judgment in favor of client on all claims.
- Defended private equity firm and Asian subsidiary against alleged claims for fraud, tortuous interference with business relations, inducement of breach of fiduciary duty, and federal securities violations arising out of foreign investment dispute. Secured dismissal of all claims against clients on initial motion to dismiss.
Consumer Class Actions
- Represented maker of social media software application in putative nationwide class action lawsuit alleging violations of the federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act and Washington’s Commercial Electronic Mail Act. Case settled on terms favorable to client after partial dismissal of plaintiff’s claims.
- Represented small business software provider in putative nationwide class action alleging claims under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. Case settled early and on terms favorable to client.
- Represented text message marketing company in consolidated nationwide class actions alleging violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. Cases settled with no monetary contribution from client.
- Represented rental car company in putative nationwide class action alleging violations of Washington’s Consumer Protection Act.