Matthew Karwoski’s practice focuses on the general representation of technology and life sciences companies, ranging from newly-formed start-ups to established publicly-traded corporations. He advises clients on a variety of corporate transactions, including the formation of start-up ventures, venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions and complex public offerings. Matthew also represents venture capital firms and investment banks in their strategic investments.
Representative transactions include:
- Cardeas Pharma’s $34M Series B financing
- Meru Networks’ $12M PIPE offering
- Kony Solutions’ acquisition of Sky Technologies
- ServiceNow’s $241M initial public offering
- Over a dozen transactions for Facebook, including its $1B acquisition of Instagram
- RentJuice’s $40M acquisition by Zillow
- SonoSite’s $995M acquisition by FUJIFILM Holdings
- Amnis’ acquisition by EMD Milliport
- Zillow’s $79.6M initial public offering (representing the underwriters)
While in law school, Matthew was a member of the Northwestern University Law Review.