- Chambers USA honored Fenwick as a leading firm in California for intellectual property and IP litigation (2020)
- The Recorder named Fenwick one of just six finalists for Tech Litigation Department of the Year (2019)
- Managing Intellectual Property ranked Fenwick as one of the top firms nationally and in California for copyright litigation (2019)
Fenwick & West has over two decades of experience handling ground-breaking copyright infringement litigation that occurs in the wake of technology development.
- Deep copyright expertise in matters including the application of copyright law to the Internet and other online environments, literal and non-literal copying claims, open source, DMCA safe harbors and anti-circumvention issues, secondary liability, and fair use
- Experience ranging from nationwide enforcement program for leading publisher of digital images to strategic defense of technology companies in lawsuits by the recording industry, motion picture studios and television networks
- Successful track record in defending and obtaining temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions in copyright cases
Our copyright litigators also work closely with our intellectual property lawyers to manage and plan for risk, both in traditional copyright cases of all kinds, and in emerging areas of uncertainty and change.