© 1995 - 2024 All rights reserved. Reproduction or modification of any portion of this Site for personal use without the express permission of Fenwick & West LLP (the “Firm” or “Fenwick”) is strictly prohibited. The terms “Firm”, “Fenwick”, “we”, “us” and “our” include the Firm and our affiliates and subsidiaries. The materials on this website located at Fenwick.com (the “Site”) are intended for informational purposes only. The materials on this Site are not intended to be, nor should they be interpreted as, solicitation, legal advice or opinion.
If you choose to contact Fenwick through this Site, you should be aware that any information transmitted electronically may not be secure.
If you are not an existing client of the Firm, you should not transmit to the Firm any confidential information and the firm cannot ensure that such information transmitted to us will be treated as confidential or will invoke an attorney-client privilege. Fenwick assumes no responsibility for the confidentiality or return of such information.
Choosing an attorney is a serious matter and should not be based solely on information contained in this Site or in advertisements and may not be accomplished by sending us confidential information related to you and/or your company unless we have expressly authorized the submission of such information in an e-mail or other written authorization.
Since the law is constantly changing and will vary based on different facts and circumstances, statements on this Site regarding the status of a given law or legal issue may not be current or applicable to your particular situation. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice or a substitute for legal counsel. Fenwick assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or timeliness of any information provided herein. You should not take any action based on the information in this Site without seeking professional counsel.
The representative matters and other experience included herein may date from periods before an individual lawyer joined Fenwick, may not contain full or complete client or entity name references, and may contain colloquial rather than client or entity-specific name references. Any representative matters and other experience included herein should not imply current or former client status. You should not rely on any information contained herein, in particular any reference to representative matters and other experience, in making any decision, taking any action or refraining from taking any action. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
Although this Site may be viewed from any of the 50 United States of America and territories, as well as any country, Fenwick's attorneys practice primarily in the State of California, United States of America. The bar memberships of our attorneys are listed in the directory of attorneys. Other jurisdictions may have laws and regulations which differ substantially from those of California.
By accessing this Site, you agree with Fenwick that any disputes or matters arising out of or related to your viewing or use of this Site shall be governed under the laws of the State of California without regard to the conflict of laws. If the bar rules in your jurisdiction require us to identify an attorney and office responsible for this Site, Fenwick designates Kathryn Fritz of its San Francisco office in California, as the responsible attorney and office.
Fenwick's attorneys are not authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction other than that for which they have gained admission.
Information transmitted electronically via the World Wide Web cannot be guaranteed to be secure. Fenwick assumes no responsibility for the loss of confidentiality for any information that you transmit to us via the World Wide Web or Internet.
Current clients of the Firm are NOT encouraged to send confidential information via e-mail from our Site. To the extent that information regarding you is available from your Internet browser, Fenwick reserves the right to use such information to record traffic and user information statistics for the purposes of optimizing our Site content and structure. Fenwick will not share such information with a third-party. To the extent that you provide us with information regarding yourself for purposes of receiving additional information or firm publications, Fenwick will use such information only for that purpose.
Fenwick assumes no responsibility for computer viruses resulting from use of our Site. Fenwick at its discretion may choose from time to time to link to third-party websites. Such links do not constitute an endorsement of such third-party website, nor is Fenwick responsible for any viruses, content or disputes resulting from your access to such third-party sites.
Notification of Copyright Infringement
Fenwick and West LLP ("Fenwick") respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same.
It is Fenwick's policy, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”), the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf, Fenwick will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using the Fenwick website (the "Site") that are reported to Fenwick's Designated Copyright Agent, identified in the sample notice below.
If you are a copyright owner, or are authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Site by completing the following DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement and delivering it to Fenwick's Designated Copyright Agent. Upon receipt of the Notice as described below, Fenwick will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged material from the Site.
DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement ("Notice")
1. Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or - if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice - you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
2. Identify (i) the material that you claim is infringing (or to be the subject of infringing activity) and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site where such material may be found, and (ii) the reference or link, to the material or activity that you claim to be infringing, that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate that reference or link, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site where such reference or link may be found.
3. Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
4. Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
- "I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material or reference or link to such material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)."
- “I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
5. Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to Fenwick's Designated Copyright Agent:
Fenwick & West LLP
801 California Street
Mountain View CA 94041
Phone: (650) 988-8500
We appreciate your interest in Fenwick. However, to avoid misunderstandings, we want to advise you that unsolicited e-mails and information sent to Fenwick will not be considered confidential and do not create an attorney-client relationship with Fenwick.