- World Trademark Review 1000 honored Fenwick in the highest tier nationally and in California for outstanding work in trademark enforcement and litigation (2020)
- The Recorder named Fenwick one of just six finalists for Tech Litigation Department of the Year (2019)
- Managing Intellectual Property ranked Fenwick as one of the top firms nationally and in California for trademark litigation (2019)
- The U.S. News – Best Lawyers® Best Law Firms guide recognized Fenwick with first-tier national rankings for IP litigation (2019)
We regularly represent clients in maintaining or defending trademark, trade name or trade dress infringement actions. Our trial lawyers have an impressive track record and many published decisions in the advertising, branding, trademark and trade dress fields.
- Prosecute and defend litigation in federal and state courts throughout the United States
- Strong track record of successful outcomes in pursuing and defending against requests for temporary restraining orders, preliminary and permanent injunctive relief
- Prosecute and defend oppositions and cancellation proceedings both domestically—before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board—and internationally
- Business-savvy attorneys who negotiate and settle disputes before they can develop into litigation
- Counsel clients in all aspects of their branding or advertising campaigns to maximize IP protection and reduce the risk of liability for infringement claims
- Special expertise in rights of publicity and misappropriation of name and image in advertising and branding disputes, including successful resolution of hundreds of millions of dollars in such claims
Our Trademark Litigation practice is closely integrated with our renowned Trademark Group, allowing our trial lawyers to draw on the deep knowledge of our trademark prosecutors.
“For fast-moving technology and life sciences companies, Fenwick is a match made in heaven; at a granular level, it understands the markets in which its clients operate and therefore dispenses precisely tailored advice every time.”
—World Trademark Review 1000