2018 brought a flurry of legislation and other developments in employment law that will undoubtedly affect your workplace. At this complimentary briefing, you will learn more about the most important trends and developments from 2018, our recommendations to effectively comply with changes in the law, and what is on the horizon for 2019 and beyond.
Our practitioners will cover several employment developments, including:
- Wage/Hour: The explosive Dynamex contractor test; no de minimus exception under CA law; litigation trends.
- Harassment: Several new #MeToo laws around the country affecting training, confidentiality, arbitration clauses and testimony.
- Discrimination/EEO: Amendments/clarifications to California’s fair pay/salary history law; board diversity law for public companies; other key developments.
- Unfair Competition: Attacks on enforceability of post-employment personnel non-solicits; growing number of states (beyond California) that restrict post-employment non-competes
- Leaves of Absence: Trends with discretionary time off and parental leave policies.
Join us on January 17 (Mountain View) or January 24 (San Francisco) for this informative and engaging program.