Joint Meeting of the ACC Corporate & Securities Committee and Society of Corporate Secretaries & Governance Professionals
Companies change, strategies change and boards need to change with them, either by adding particular expertise or perspective to the board, or moving an unproductive board member off. Increasingly investors are looking at board composition and in some cases raising concerns with the company and voting against directors they believe are not adequately serving the company and its shareholders.
We will hear an investor perspective on board composition and current trends in board succession planning and how corporate secretaries can support boards in these efforts. We will also discuss Fenwick’s recent Corporate Governance Survey.
- Chris Butner, Assistant Secretary & Managing Counsel, Chevron Corporation
- Stephen Graham, Partner, Fenwick & West LLP
- Kris Veaco, Principal, Veaco Group
- Rob Zivnuska, Director, Corporate Governance and Responsible Investment, Blackrock
- Attend in-person presentation in Mountain View
- Attend via videoconference in San Francisco