Why you should attend
Silicon Valley remains one of the most active deal markets in the world today. The broad array of fast-growing companies – from start-ups to major public companies, and the constantly evolving industry sectors – has long attracted top legal, investor and investment banking talent, and produced a wide variety of transactions ranging from seed and venture capital financings to some of the largest and most high-profile IPOs and M&A transactions in the world. We have assembled an “all-star” faculty of Valley insiders, who will share their valuable insights into this leading market, and explain how deals are done in the constantly changing technology world.
What you will learn
- The experts explore new start-up company and founders’ stock structures, and the new world of start-up financing
- Venture capital activity continues to climb – learn the latest on deal trends and documentation, and hear from the experts on counseling in tough transactions
- What you need to know about the JOBS Act 2012, crowdfunding, corporate venturing, and secondary stock transactions
- Get the latest on IPOs – new standards, dual-class common stock, and dual-track processes
- Technology M&A critical issues: case law developments, stockholder activism, private equity involvement, and special venture-backed company sales considerations
Who should attend
The program is designed for in-house and outside attorneys who seek a practical overview of corporate finance, securities law, and M&A business and legal issues, with a particular focus on Silicon Valley.