Why You Should Attend
The Institute is designed to be of ultimate practice value to all three subgroups in the patent law community: patent prosecutors, patent litigators, and strategic/transactional lawyers. The two-day schedule includes six plenary sessions of interest to all patent lawyers and six breakout sessions in each of the three subgroups.
You design the two-day schedule that best meets your professional needs.
Do not miss this unique opportunity to sharpen your practice skills and network with federal judges, USPTO/DOJ/FTC officials, academics, in-house counsel and outside patent lawyers!
What You Will Learn
Plenary sessions include:
- Experts weigh in on how the Trump administration is likely to impact patent policy and practice
- The current state of patent assertion entities as viewed by the Federal Trade Commission and others
- Federal judges from key patent venues provide insights on patent litigation
- The practice impact of the America Invents Act, and recent Supreme Court and Federal Circuit decisions
- Corporate counsel discuss critical issues that keep them awake at night
- Practitioners and PTAB judges provide guidance on PTAB trial proceedings and parallel litigation
- Prosecution "safe harbors" for computer methods and medical therapies in view of Supreme Court and Federal Circuit decisions