The legal landscape affecting social media seems to be evolving faster than ever. Fenwick litigation counsel Kimberly Culp will facilitate a panel titled, "Hot Issues in Social Media & Advertising," which will discuss current trends, including:
- efforts to regulate or ban social media platforms;
- pending litigation against social media platforms under product liability theories;
- the NetChoice decisions before the Supreme Court;
- AI and the legal issues that arise from its use; and
- efforts to address the spread of misinformation online.
They will also talk through issues in advertising and promotions law, including:
- privacy class actions for tracking and sharing information about subscribers;
- changing rules for subscription auto-renewals; and
- revisions to the FTC Endorsement Guides.
Additionally, Fenwick litigation associate Charles Moulins will be a Rising Star in a panel titled, "The AI Revolution: What’s New and Next in Artificial Intelligence and Law." This panel will explore the latest legal, regulatory, and legislative developments, and share first-hand stories from those on the front lines of the AI battlefield.