Why You Should Attend
Make your CPE time count with a midyear update from current and former SEC staff and leading experts on GAAP, disclosure, and audit! Attendees will learn about the standard-setting agendas of the FASB and PCAOB, how the tax legislation may impact your organization, as well as updates on rulemaking, interpretive guidance, frequent comments, and enforcement actions emanating from the SEC. FASB’s revenue, leases, financial instruments and CECL standards will be discussed in detail and our expert faculty will provide practical approaches to new and complex accounting and disclosure requirements.
What You Will Learn
- Updates on rulemaking and interpretive guidance in the SEC’s Division of Corporation Finance, plus other hot topics in their comment process, including comments on the adoption of the revenue recognition standard
- Office of the Chief Accountant frequent accounting consultation areas
- The status of the SEC’s Disclosure Effectiveness project
- Key accounting developments from the FASB: new accounting standards updates and updates in process
- FASB’s leases standard and implementation challenges
- Updates on tax legislation and how it could impact your organization
- Financial instruments guidance and adoption issues
- Update on pay ratio and other proxy items
- Updates on PCAOB rulemaking, including the new audit report and the likely effects on auditors and their clients, and starting the discussion on critical audit matters (CAMs) for disclosures next year
Who Should Attend
SEC reporting professionals, including those involved in the preparation of financial statements, partners of public accounting firms and their staff, lawyers and corporate legal staff, investor relations professionals, audit committee members, and others involved in preparation or review of the financial statements.
Fenwick Partner Mike Dicke will co-present on a segment titled, "Staying Out of Trouble: SEC Enforcement Results for FY 2017-What Will 2018 Bring" at 4:00 pm - 5:15 pm.