Bay Area residents, join Fenwick's Michael Dicke for the latest on securities enforcement during the innovative San Francisco CLE in the City Series held at the start of the 2019 ABA Annual Meeting on the morning of August 8.
The Department of Justice and the Securities Exchange Commission continue to make almost daily headlines about their continuing high-profile investigations and enforcement actions. Particularly noteworthy are the West Coast offices of the United States Attorney’s Office and the SEC in San Francisco.
This panel, moderated by Fenwick's Michael Dicke and featuring U.S. Attorney David Anderson and SEC Assistant Director Monique Winkler, will explore current hot topics in the securities enforcement space, important recent cases, and the innovative approaches being taken by the San Francisco SEC and DOJ offices, some of which are causing concern among defense lawyers that the rights of investigatory targets will not be adequately protected.
Register now and access the special $35/session rate:
To register for the CLE in the City Series, visit the ABA website and follow the steps below. You can purchase tickets for just $35/session without registering for the ABA Annual Meeting by entering the promo code LAP during the registration process. You must reside in the Bay Area and you do not have to be an ABA member to take advantage of these unique CLE programs.
1. Once you arrive at the ABA website, click "Attendee Registation."
2. Enter either your email address or phone number, then click “Submit.”
- ABA Members can then click "Register Now."
- Non-ABA Members must click "Start a new registration."
- Then fill out the mandatory contact information and enter the LAP code. Your listed state must be California for the code to work.
- Once this information is entered, click continue and complete the mandatory demographic questions and then click continue again.
- You will be taken to the "Package Selection" page and can select "Local Attorney Program: Registration Fee Waived for Local Attendees." Click continue.
- From the CLE in the City menu, select the session titled "Views from West Coast DOJ and SEC Leadership on Current Priorities and Recent Developments" and any other sessions of interest. Click continue.
- You will then be able to submit payment info and complete your registration.
Additional Panel Details
Michael Dicke, Partner & Securities Enforcement Co-Chair, Fenwick & West LLP
- David L. Anderson, U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of California
- Hartley West, Kobre & Kim
- Monique Winkler, Assistant Regional Director for Enforcement, Securities & Exchange Commission