Why You Should Attend
In the current legal environment, with patent litigation on the decline (especially in the U.S.), patent licensing (and related transactions) are heating up. Experts in patent licensing will discuss how to negotiate patent license agreements, review examples of best (and, in some cases, worst) practices, and share current legal developments affecting patent licensing. Practical tips for structuring, negotiating and drafting patent licenses, with strategies for both the licensor and licensee, will be emphasized.
- Tips on monetizing patents and/or resisting monetization invitations
- Exploring patent and/or license enforcement considerations
- Updates on the patent monetization environment in the U.S. and abroad
- Best practices from experts at Silicon Valley’s best companies/firms
- Discovering litigation trends from recent years affecting IP licensing generally
- Understanding how specific court cases have (in some ways) expanded and/or (in other ways) shrunken patenting, licensing, enforcement and/or patent challenge opportunities
- Learning how to update traditional patent licensing provisions in light of recent case law
- Special Features
- Actual Agreements: analysis of patent license agreement provisions by 5 national experts
- Mock patent licensing negotiation
Who Should Attend
This program is geared toward those who need to offer patents for licensing, respond to patent licensing offers, draft and negotiate patent licenses, and enforce patent license agreements. In addition, intellectual property lawyers, corporate counsel, and others involved in the utilization of patents as business assets will benefit from attending.