The 2019 agenda addresses significant pending legislative and regulatory changes along with our annual substantive updates, including:
- Developments in Equal Employment Opportunity
- Retaliation & Whistleblowing Claims
- Wage and Hour & Misclassification Issues
- The e-Workplace: Privacy Issues and Cybersecurity
- ADA Developments on "Reasonable Accommodation"
- FMLA: Current Issues and Trends
- NLRA Update
- Ethics in Labor & Employment Law (1 Hour)
Robert Brownstone will present on December 12 at 3:15pm on The E-Workplace: Privacy Issues and Cyber Security.
This panel will cover the expanding set of technology platforms and apps that keeps challenging employers on how to restrict, monitor, scrutinize and/or preserve employees’ and applicants’ technology usage which impacts employees’ privacy rights and employers’ information security programs, including the use of “Shadow IT,” “Cloud” technology, social media and other forms of offline communications and their implications for an employer’s BYOD program and potential discoverability in legal proceedings. Also, discussion of employers’ rights to limit employees’ social media posts and the ability to discipline for such posts if needed, prohibitions on forced disclosure of personal login credentials, proactive steps employers can take to minimize risks of data theft, and compliance with state laws restricting the use of employees’ biometric information.