Practising Law Institute to host a live one-hour briefing on "How AI Can Help Lawyers - Today and Tomorrow."
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a broad term that refers to over 30 separate disciplines from natural language processing (NLP) to machine learning (ML) to image recognition and neural networks. Determining which tools and techniques drawn from these disciplines will add value to the practice of law can be daunting, especially given the outsized claims of some vendors. In this presentation Alicia Ryan and Mark Gerow of Fenwick & West will cover several AI tools implemented and used at their firm, and discuss the benefits and challenges of each. They will also discuss future trends in legal AI. Specifically, this talk will cover:
- NLP-based chatbots to make knowledge more easily accessible to lawyers and staff
- Machine learning for large volume document and contract review
- Expert systems for rapid and consistent decision making and document generation
- AI-assistant drafting tools
- Robotic process automation (RPA)