Why you should attend
In the current economy, the heat is on to monetize patent portfolios. Thus, understanding patent transactions has never been more important. Experts in patent licensing will tell you how to get the most money from patent licensing, how to negotiate patent license agreements, and discuss “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly” examples from actual patent license agreements. The program will emphasize practical tips for structuring, negotiating and drafting patent licenses, with strategies for the licensor and licensee.
What you will learn
- How do you monetize patents?
- Hear experts from Silicon Valley’s best companies/firms tell you what to watch out for
- How the courts have expanded the reach of patent infringement (thus increasing licensing opportunities)
- How the courts have expanded the scope of patent invalidity/indefiniteness challenges (thus discouraging licensing opportunities)
- How traditional patent licensing provisions need to be updated in light of recent case law
- Get what you want in licensing without giving away the store
- Controversial provisions and how to negotiate them
- Patent and/or license enforcement considerations
- U.S. vs. foreign licensing considerations
Who should attend
This seminar is geared toward those who need to offer patents for licensing, draft and negotiate patent licenses, enforce patent license agreements, and develop portfolios for licensing. The course will benefit intellectual property lawyers, corporate counsel, and others involved in the utilization of patents as business assets.