Every week, Fenwick’s intellectual property associate Zach Harned curates a handful of amusing and/or informative AI-related stories trending around the world. Find previous editions below:
- August 30 -- Read about a new AI tool that helps craft viral LinkedIn content, news from famed DOOM video game programmer, an update on AI regulation by EPIC, and AI healthcare applications such as fall detection for amputees and Parkinson's detection.
- August 23 -- Read about how Hollywood is using deepfakes to remove bad language in post-production, presenting an economically friendly means for editing.
- August 16 -- Get your dose of cute by reading about AI facial recognition for furry panda faces and other important developments from DeepMind, Amazon and the Federal Circuit.
- August 9 -- Learn how to talk Gen-Z with the help of AI, news of chess robots breaking fingers and Stanford University research on how humans might prefer over-confident AI models.
- July 26 -- Lend an extra hand? Read the news of scientists working on robotic limbs in the virtual world, a new text-to-image tool from Meta, record-breaking autonomous aircraft from Airbus and interesting robodog developments.
- July 19 -- Learn why robots are playing and spelling with playdough, Stanford University's hefty Law syllabus, and more from Meta AI, NVIDIA, Rob Reich of Stanford Institute for Human-Centered Artificial Intelligence (HAI).
- July 12 -- Read about the latest warnings from the FBI about scammers using AI deepfake technology paired with stolen identities to interview for jobs, and more from Meta, Intellectual Property Office UK, and others.
- July 6 -- Check out exciting work from Meta, Google, Microsoft, Caltech, University of California, Berkeley, Stanford Institute for Human-Centered Artificial Intelligence (HAI), Hugging Face, GitHub and more.
- June 28 -- Move over Ask Jeeves, read about the new question and answer AI chatbot based on Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the new facial recognition features from Microsoft and more.
- June 21 -- Do you hate writing? Read how researchers are developing a collaborative writing dataset that uses language models to increase writers’ creativity and productivity, along with China’s first AI unmanned drone carrier and more.
- June 14 -- Read about the AI voice platform used in Top Gun: Maverick, taser drones in schools and deepfakes in the entertainment industry.
- June 7 -- Learn about the work Microsoft is doing to eliminate hate speech, the new ways of phishing attacks to steal credentials and more.