- Dan has been quoted on developments in employment law in numerous print and online publications, including Forbes, BusinessWeek, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today and TechCrunch.
- Northern California Super Lawyers recognized Dan as a Super Lawyer for his work in employment litigation (2012-2019)
- The Daily Journal honored Dan on its Top Labor and Employment Lawyers List, a list of 75 leading labor and employment lawyers in California (2011)
Dan is chair of the employment practices group at Fenwick. His practice emphasizes employment litigation and counseling for employers.
In his litigation practice, Dan defends employers against wage and hour class actions, trade secret disputes, employee mobility disputes, claims for sexual harassment, discrimination, breach of contract, union disputes and many other causes of action in both state and federal courts. In his counseling practice, Dan regularly advises employers on employee terminations, wage and hour issues, reductions in force, employee misconduct, leaves of absence, unfair competition disputes and many other personnel issues.
In addition to his litigation and counseling work, Dan writes and speaks regularly on employment law issues, including for The National Law Journal, the Practising Law Institute, the Santa Clara County Bar Association, NCHRA and Strafford Publications.
Dan has been recognized as a Super Lawyer by Northern California Super Lawyers each year since 2012 for his work in employment litigation. In 2011, Dan was profiled in the Daily Journal’s Top Labor and Employment Lawyers List, a list of 75 leading labor and employment lawyers in California.
Dan has been quoted on developments in employment law in numerous print and online publications, including Forbes, BusinessWeek, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today and TechCrunch.
Dan has been featured and/or quoted in the following publications:
- "5 Employment Law Issues To Watch In 2nd Half Of 2019," Law360, June 21, 2019
- “5 Valentine's Day Tips For Employers In The #MeToo Era,” Law360, February 2019
- “How Lawyers Would Advise the Anonymous NYT Op-Ed Writer (and the White House),” The National Law Journal and Law.com, September 2018
- "90 Age-Discrimination Complaints Reflect Growing Issue for Tech," USA Today, November 22, 2016
- "Navigating Claims Of Religious Discrimination In Hiring," Forbes, March 26, 2015
- "Settling Is Not the Only Way to Resolve an Employee Lawsuit," The New York Times, February 20, 2013
- "'Unlimited Vacation' Policies Gaining Traction," Bloomberg Law Reports, June 30, 2011
- "Labor and Employment Roundtable: Current Issues in California and Federal Employment Law," California Lawyer, April 11, 2011
- "Age Discrimination Claims Spike," Daily Journal, July 7, 2010
- "Lawsuits Question After-Hours Demands of Email and Cellphones," The Wall Street Journal, August 10, 2009
- "Wage Wars," Bloomberg Businessweek, October 1, 2007
- "O.T. Isn’t as Simple as Telling Time," The New York Times, September 20, 2007
- "Taking Your Work Home," The Recorder, January 17, 2007
- Glu Mobile
Education & Admissions
J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law
B.S., Political Science
Santa Clara University
Admitted to practice in California and Washington
Admitted to practice before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Member of selected federal district courts in California and Washington