- Northern California Super Lawyers named her a Rising Star for Business/Corporate law (2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America named her to its Ones to Watch list for Securities / Capital Markets Law (2020-2021). The Ones to Watch awards recognize extraordinary lawyers who have been in private practice for less than 10 years in the United States.
Julia represents public technology and biotech companies in a variety of transactional matters with an emphasis on initial public offerings and follow-on offerings in equity and convertible debt, including 144A offerings. Representative issuer-side IPOs include Arcutis Biotherapeutics, Loxo Oncology, Morphic Holding, Stoke Therapeutics and Workday. She also represents public companies in SEC regulatory compliance and corporate governance matters.
While attending law school, Julia was a member of the Chicago Journal of International Law and received the Joseph Henry Beale Prize for legal writing.
- Loxo Oncology in its $8B acquisition by Eli Lilly, as well as prior follow-on offerings totaling almost $500M
- Dexcom in its $850M convertible senior notes offering
- Tanium in its $200M financing
- Audentes in its $201.3M follow-on offering
- AnaptysBio in its $238.9M follow-on offering
- Redfin in its $258.3M concurrent public offerings of stock and convertible notes
- Underwriters in Zillow Group’s $747.5M concurrent public offerings of stock and convertible notes
- Cisco Systems
- Glu Mobile
- Loxo Oncology
- Vocera Communications
Education & Admissions
J.D., University of Chicago Law School
B.A., with honors, Anthropology
University of Wisconsin
Admitted to practice in California