Lara provides strategic counseling to technology and life science companies that range from newly-formed startup teams to mature publicly-traded companies as well as venture capital firms and underwriters. Her experience spans a wide variety of corporate matters, including venture capital financings, debt financings, mergers and acquisitions, initial and follow-on public offerings, SEC compliance and corporate governance. Lara provides her clients with practical and thoughtful advice to help solve business and legal issues, assess risks and achieve goals in an efficient manner.
Lara was recognized as a “Rising Star” on the 2018 and 2019 Northern California Super Lawyers lists, and received the Mabie Award for the Outstanding Law Graduate upon graduation from Santa Clara University School of Law.
Prior to law school, Lara was a corporate paralegal in Silicon Valley.
- Facebook’s $16B IPO and $3.8B follow-on offering
- Corium’s $504M acquisition by Gurnet Point Capital
- Corium’s IPO, multiple follow-on offerings and Rule 144A convertible debt offering
- Pivotal Software’s $638.25M IPO
- Callidus Software’s $2.4B acquisition by SAP
- King Digital Entertainment’s $499.5M IPO
- King Digital Entertainment’s $5.9B acquisition by Activision Blizzard
- Bizo’s $175M acquisition by LinkedIn
- goBalto’s acquisition by Oracle
- Bolt Financial
- King Digital Entertainment
- Robinhood Markets
Education & Admissions
J.D., cum laude
Santa Clara University School of Law
Order of Coif
LL.B., University of Reading
Admitted to practice in California