Patrick advises emerging and public companies on a broad range of matters, including venture capital financings, equity and employee compensation, complex acquisitions and restructurings, and corporate governance. Patrick provides clients with practical, thoughtful advice to help solve business and legal issues quickly and effectively.
Patrick has deep experience in the area of compensation as it relates to “talent” acquisition and retention, which is a significant challenge facing all technology and life science companies in Silicon Valley and beyond. His experience in the area of compensation ranges from advising emerging companies in their early compensation strategies to the structuring and implementation of complex compensation structures related to spin-offs and complex acquisitions and restructurings.
Patrick has been recognized five times as a “Rising Star” by the Northern California Super Lawyers magazine.
Advanced and Sustainable Mobility
Patrick has extensive experience working with clients that are changing the world with advanced and sustainable mobility. His clients include companies and investors that are driving the most innovative solutions in the area of human mobility and “last mile” commercial solutions.
New Media and Gaming
Patrick partners with innovative media and gaming companies as they develop deep and novel connections with consumers throughout the world. Digital media, entertainment and gaming clients regularly seek Patrick’s advice regarding compensation strategies and “tools” utilized to incentivize unique content contributors.
Digital Health and Life Sciences
Patrick collaborates with companies and investors that are advancing healthcare and life sciences at an unthinkable pace. His clients include companies and investors in the digital health, health tech and life sciences industries.
Patrick has represented clients at all stages of development in strategic and transformational transactions, including representation in hundreds of venture capital financings, the establishment of international joint ventures and the execution of international restructurings.
- Multiple financings for Databricks, including its $60M Series C, its $140M Series D, its $250M Series E, its $400M Series F, its $1B Series G, and its $1.6B Series H financings
- Multiple financings for Freenome, including its $160M Series B, its $270M Series C, its $300M Series D, and $290M Series E financings
- Multiple financings for Samsara Networks, including its $50M Series D, its $100M Series E and its $700M Series F financings
- Multiple financings for BuzzFeed, including its $200M Series F and $200M Series G financings
- Reddit in its $300M Series D financing
- TripActions in its $275M Series F financing
- Multiple financings for AltSchool, including its $33M Series A, its $100M Series B and its $40M Series C financings
- Multiple financings for Tile, including its $35M Series B-1 Financing and $45M Series C Financing
- Multiple financings for OODA Health, including its $40.5M Series A and $15M Series A-1 financings
- More than 100 additional series financings totaling far in excess of $1B
- Archer Aviation
- Big Panda
- Big Switch Networks
- Braid Health
- Brightline Health
- Lux Capital
- Redis Labs
- Truck Labs
- UP Partners
- Versa Networks
Education & Admissions
J.D., magna cum laude
Santa Clara University School of Law
Order of the Coif
B.A., Political Science and Anthropology
University of California, Irvine
Admitted to practice in California