Patrick advises emerging and public companies on a broad range of matters, including venture capital financings, equity and employee compensation, complex acquisitions and restructurings, and corporate governance. Patrick seeks to provide clients with practical, thoughtful advice to help solve business and legal issues quickly and effectively.
Patrick has deep experience in the area of compensation as it relates to “talent” acquisition and retention, which is a significant challenge facing all technology and life science companies in Silicon Valley and beyond. Patrick’s experience in the area of compensation ranges from advising emerging companies in their early compensation strategies to the structuring and implementation of complex compensation structures related to spin-offs and complex acquisitions and restructurings.
Patrick has been recognized four times as a “Rising Star” by the Northern California Super Lawyers magazine.
Prior to joining Fenwick, Patrick was an Emery Law Scholar, an Edwin A. Heafey Law Scholar and a Santa Clara University Tax Scholar. Prior to starting law school, Patrick worked for PIMCO.
- Multiple financings for Samsara Networks, including its $50M Series D, its $100M Series E and its $700M Series F financings
- Multiple financings for Databricks, including its $60M Series C, its $140M Series D, its $250M Series E and its $400M Series F financings
- Multiple financings for BuzzFeed, including its $200M Series F and $200M Series G financings
- Reddit in its $300M Series D financing
- Freenome in its $160M Series B Financing
- Multiple financings for AltSchool, including its $33M Series A, its $100M Series B and its $40M Series C financings
- Emulate in its $36M Series C financing
- Multiple financings for Tile, including its $35M Series B-1 Financing and $45M Series C Financing
- Multiple financings for Airmap, including its $2.6M seed financing, its $15M Series A and its $26M Series B financings
- Multiple financings for Quip, including its $15M Series A and its $30M Series B financings
- OODA Health in its $40.5M Series A financing
- More than 80 additional series financings totaling more than $900M
- Big Panda
- Big Switch Networks
- Emilio Health
- Lux Capital
Education & Admissions
J.D., magna cum laude, Santa Clara University School of Law
Order of the Coif
B.A., Political Science and Anthropology
University of California, Irvine
Admitted to practice in California