Claire Baek, whose field is electrical engineering and computer science, assists in in the drafting of U.S. and foreign patent applications for clients in the technology and life sciences industries.
During her studies at UC Berkeley, Claire primarily conducted research on applying advanced process control and data mining techniques in the semiconductor manufacturing industry. While earning her undergraduate degree at Stanford University, Claire worked as a Research Assistant in the chemical engineering, and environmental engineering groups at the university. She also worked as a Process Engineer Intern at ASML Santa Clara, as a Research Assistant in the Applied Physics department at the California Institute of Technology, and as a Chemical Engineer Intern with Samsung Fine Chemicals.
Scientific Publications and Presentations:
- Co-Author: “Real-time inspection system utilizing scatterometry pupil data.” Journal of Micro/Nanolithography, MEMS, and MOEMS, 13(4), 041403, 2014.
- Co-Author: “Enhancing metrology by combining spatial variability and global inference.” Proc. SPIE 8681, 86813E, 2013.
- “Performance Evaluation of Blended Metrology Schemes Incorporating Virtual Metrology.” Semicon. Manuf., IEEE Trans., 26(4), pp.506-515, 2013.
- Co-Author: “Predicting Congressional Votes Based on Campaign Finance Data.” Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA), 2012 11th Conf. on, vol. 1, pp. 640-645, 2012.
- “Optimization of blended virtual and actual metrology schemes.” Prof. SPIE 8324, 83241K, 2012.
- Co-Author: "High-Performance Si Microwire Photovoltaics." Energy and Environmental Science 2011, Jan. 7, 4, 866-871.
- Co-Author: "Effects of Dispersion Conditions of Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes on the Electrical Characteristics of Thin Film Network Transistors." ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2010: 2672-2678.
- Co-Author: “Pattern Analysis of Movement Behavior of Medaka (Oryzias latipes): A Decision Tree Approach.” CAIP (Computer Analysis of Images and Patterns) 2005: 546-553.
- Co-Author: “Movement Analysis of Medaka (Oryzias Latipes) for an Insecticide Using Decision Tree.” Discovery Science 2005: 150-162.
- Co-Author & Co-Presenter: “Pattern Classification and Recognition of Movement Behavior of Medaka (Oryzias Latipes) Using Decision Tree.” ICNC (International Conference on Natural Computation) – FSKD (Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery) 2005: 186-195.
- Co-Presenter: “Solution Processed Self Sorted Carbon Nanotube Transistors”, Poster Presentation for NanoKorea 2009 7th International Nanotech Symposium.