Ken Myers concentrates his practice on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and general corporate matters. In his transactional practice, Ken represents domestic and international companies, boards and financial advisors in connection with a broad range of strategic transactions in the technology, entertainment and life sciences industries, including public and private mergers, acquisitions, tender offers, investments, joint ventures, stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures. Ken also counsels companies and their boards on corporate governance matters, activist defense and takeover defense.
- Multiple acquisitions for Facebook, including its $2B acquisition of Oculus VR and its acquisitions of LiveRail, Little Eye Software (India), Pryte (Finland), Carbon Design and TheFind
- Multiple acquisitions for Cisco Systems, including its $1.2B acquisition of Meraki, its $452.5M acquisition of Lancope, its $320M acquisition of Leaba Semiconductor (Israel) and its acquisitions of Cognitive Security (Czech Republic), Memoir Systems, Embrane and Piston Cloud
- $5.9B acquisition of King Digital Entertainment (Ireland) by Activision Blizzard
- $4.4B acquisition by a consortium led by Shanghai Giant Network Technology Co. (China) of Playtika from Caesars Interactive Entertainment
- $3B going-private acquisition of Giant Interactive Group (China) by a private equity sponsor-backed consortium (counsel to special committee)
- $1.8B acquisition of Spreadtrum Communications (China) by Tsinghua Unigroup
- $1.4B acquisition of AppLovin by Orient Hontai (China)
- $500M acquisition of Appirio by Wipro (India)
- $395M acquisition of Keynote Systems by Thoma Bravo
- $330M acquisition of Actuate by Open Text Corp.
- $250M acquisition of Solta Medical by Valeant Pharmaceuticals International
- $140M acquisition by Lending Club of Springstone Financial
- Acquisition by American Express of InAuth
- Acquisition by Nexon of Big Huge Games
- Acquisition by King Digital Entertainment (Ireland) of Z2Live
- Acquisitions by Shutterfly of MyPublisher and BorrowLenses
- Acquisitions of Shotgun Software and Tweak Software by Autodesk
- Acquisition by Appirio of TopCoder
Representative Defense Engagements:
- Shutterfly in contested election for board seats initiated by Marathon Partners
- Green Dot in contested election for board seats initiated by Harvest Capital
- Contested squeeze-out of public minority shareholders of Alcon by Novartis
- “Wikimmunity: Fitting the Communications Decency Act to Wikipedia”, Harvard Journal of Law and Technology, Vol. 20, Fall 2006.
In 2016, the Daily Journal named Ken to its Top 40 Under 40 list, honoring him among the top 40 lawyers under age 40 in California. Ken also appeared in The Legal 500’s 2016 guide for his M&A work, with Fenwick ranking among the United States’ leading M&A Middle-Market firms.
During law school, Ken was Managing Technical Editor for the Harvard Journal of Law and Technology.
Prior to joining Fenwick & West LLP, Ken practiced in the mergers and acquisitions group of Sullivan & Cromwell LLP.