Larissa Neumann focuses her practice on U.S. tax planning and tax controversy with an emphasis on international transactions. She has broad experience advising clients on acquisitions, restructurings and transfer pricing issues. She has successfully represented clients in federal tax controversies at the audit level, in appeals and in court.
Larissa appears in International Tax Review's "World's Tax Controversy Leaders" and in Euromoney’s “World’s Leading Tax Advisers.” Euromoney selected Larissa for inclusion in the “Americas Women in Business Law Awards” shortlist for Best in Tax Dispute Resolution in 2014 and she was named the 2015 Rising Star: Tax. She was also named to the Silicon Valley Business Journal's 40 Under 40. In 2016, Larissa was named a Rising Star in tax by Law360.
Larissa frequently speaks at conferences for professional tax groups, including TEI, IFA, Pacific Rim Tax Institute, Bloomberg, and the ABA. She is the ABA International Law Tax Liaison.
Larissa has published several articles, including recently:
- IRS Taking a Hard Look at Transfer Pricing, Daily Journal (September 2016)
- New Intercompany Debt Rules Shock Multinational Companies, Euromoney’s LMG Rising Stars 2016
- The Top Tax Controversy Cases in 2016, International Tax Review (2016)
- Responding to the Changes in the Transfer Pricing Landscape, International Tax Review, May 2016
- US Tax Overview, Euromoney’s LMG Rising Stars 2015
- US transfer pricing litigation update, International Tax Review (March 2015)
- Areas of TP Scrutiny in a pre- and post-BEPS World, International Tax Review (February 2015)
- U.S. International Tax Developments, The Euromoney Corporate Tax Handbook 2015
- U.S. Transfer Pricing Developments, International Tax Review (2014)
- U.S. Tax Developments, International Tax Review (December/January 2013)
- Character and Source of Income from Internet Business Activities, The Contemporary Tax Journal (July 2011)
- The Application of the Branch Rule to Partnerships, International Tax Journal (July - August 2010)
Fenwick has one of the World’s Top Tax Planning and Tax Transactional Practices, according to International Tax Review, and is first tier in tax, according to World Tax. International Tax Review gave Fenwick its San Francisco Tax Firm Award a total of seven times and its U.S. Tax Litigation Firm Award a total of three times. International Tax Review has also named Fenwick “Americas M&A Tax Firm of the Year.”
Larissa is a leader on Fenwick’s Pro Bono Review Committee and regularly provides pro bono services to various nonprofit organizations. Fenwick was recognized by The National Law Journal Pro Bono Hot List (2014) and Larissa’s nonprofit work is pointed to as exemplary in the profile.