Lynda Twomey represents private and public technology companies in the software, networking, Internet, IoT, data analytics, artificial intelligence and life science sectors and her practice is primarily focused on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, startup counseling and venture capital financing.
Lynda has negotiated and completed hundreds of public and private mergers, divestitures, spin-offs and other strategic transactions and is recognized as a leading practitioner for technology company M&A.
Representative transactions include:
- Numerous acquisitions for Cisco Systems, Inc., including Scientific-Atlanta ($6.9 billion), Jasper Technologies ($1.4 billion), Pure Digital ($590 million), U.K.-based Ubiquisys ($310 million), CloudLock ($293 million), Sweden-based Tail-F Systems ($175 million), Cariden Technologies ($141 million), 1 Mainstream and many others;
- Divestitures by Cisco Systems of its Connected Devices business unit to Technicolor ($600 million), its Linksys business unit to Belkin and its manufacturing operations in Mexico to Foxconn;
- Sale of 2lemetry, Inc. (IoT) to Amazon.com;
- Concur’s acquisition ($8.3 billion) by SAP;
- Sakti3’s acquisition ($90 m) by Dyson;
- Opsware’s merger with Hewlett-Packard ($1.6 billion);
- Flashsoft’s acquisition by SanDisk;
- Netscreen Technologies merger with Juniper Networks ($4.3 billion);
- KalVista Pharmaceutical’s reverse merger with Carbylan Therapeutics;
- Acquisitions by Agilent Technologies of Varian ($1.5 billion) and Stratagene ($250 m).
Lynda advises private companies in matters ranging from startup counseling, equity incentive arrangements, intellectual property licensing, and securities law compliance to structuring and negotiation of venture capital financing transactions. Lynda also represents venture capital firms, private equity funds and strategic investors in connection with portfolio company investments.
In 2006, Lynda worked on secondment with the corporate group at the London office of Allen & Overy LLP, a leading global law firm with whom Fenwick & West has a strategic relationship. While at Allen & Overy, Lynda gained invaluable experience with complex international transactions, working on numerous cross-border European M&A, private equity transactions and joint ventures.