The tech industry is experiencing a hiring boom, and the outlook for the remainder of the year is promising. Now is the time for employers to ensure that their recruitment, hiring and onboarding practices are in the best shape to minimize legal risk. Hiring, particularly in a competitive job market, presents many legal challenges. Getting things right at the inception of the employment relationship will not only minimize legal risk at the outset of employment, but will also serve to significantly reduce risk during and at the end of the employment relationship.
The Employment Practices Group at Fenwick & West invites you to a complimentary interactive Breakfast Briefing, where we will identify the most common mistakes employers make when recruiting and hiring, and guide employers on best practices for legal compliance. Our Briefing will include coverage of the following issues:
- Lawful Hiring from Competitors
- Proper Worker Classification
- Common Offer Letter Mistakes and Other Documentation Pitfalls
- Background Check Compliance
- Developments/Trends in Affirmative Action
- Pre-Employment Drug Screening