2014 brought several employment law developments that will undoubtedly affect your workplace. The Fenwick & West Employment Practices Group invites you to attend its annual complimentary briefing to learn more about the most important developments from 2014, and our recommendations to effectively comply with significant changes in the law in 2015 and beyond.
Attorneys Dan McCoy, Saundra Riley, Dan Obuhanych and Sheeva Ghassemi-Vanni will summarize developments in several areas including:
- Wage/Hour: Increasing state and local minimum wage requirements; liability for “off-the-clock” work; timing for payment of exempt commissioned salespersons; partial-day leave deductions for exempt employees; and important worker classification developments.
- Time Off: Mandatory paid sick leave law; continuing trends in no-accrual time off policies; and developments regarding leaves of absence.
- Equal Employment Opportunity: Extension of mandatory training to cover “bullying”; San Francisco limitation on criminal history inquiries; telecommuting and workplace presence as position’s “essential function”; and other developments regarding gender, religious, and other forms of discrimination and harassment.
- Arbitration: Enforceability of mandatory pre-employment arbitration agreements including under Iskanian; waiver of class, collective and representative actions; and public reporting of arbitration data.
- NLRB: Continued scrutiny of employer policies (especially sound media) and agreements.
- Workforce Liability: Expanding scope of workforce liability as to employees of joint employer or labor contractor.
- Select Employee Benefits: Bay Area Commuter Benefits Program and cell phone reimbursement.
Join us on January 14, 2015 for this complimentary program as we explain how these and many other developments will impact your workplace. PLEASE NOTE THE NEW LOCATION.