This interactive one-day forum will focus on US and global tax and transfer pricing developments and will provide women in tax with an opportunity to network and learn from industry thought leaders.
Subjects will include: tax reform changes and challenges across the US; digitalization of the economy; compliance; disputes; and much more. Dynamic discussions will debate best practice and innovation around leadership, career progression and work-life balance. For 2022, delegates also can take part in speed mentoring sessions, designed to support the advancement of women in tax and provide professional development opportunities.
Fenwick's Julia Ushakova-Stein will moderate the panel discussion on "Managing and Resolving International Tax Controversy Issues"
The discussion will cover:
- Cross-border tax controversy - procedures, policies and strategies involved
- Alternative dispute resolution procedures under the two pillars
- MAP and dispute resolutions under Pillar 2
- APAs - are they more relevant in this environment?
- Practical considerations of recent transfer pricing cases e.g., Whirlpool