Fenwick is proud to sponsor RightsCon 2021, the world’s leading summit on human rights in the digital age. The 10th annual conference will take place virtually on June 7-11, with a lineup of more than 500 panels and participatory sessions.
While RightsCon has a strong international civil-society focus, it addresses many issues and challenges that our clients face, including issues that may give rise to liability and litigation. A number of important technology and online services companies also sponsor the conference.
The sessions cover a wide variety of digital rights issues related to the following topics:
- Artificial Intelligence, Automation, and the Algorithm
- Civil Society Resistance and Resilience
- Content Control and Censorship
- Cyber Norms, Accountability, and Practice
- Democracy, Elections, and Political Participation
- Digital Security for Individuals and Communities
- Freedom of the Media
- Futures, Fictions, and Creativity
- Human Rights-Centered Design
- Interne Access, Education, and Inclusion
- Internet Shutdowns and Network Disruptions
- Justice, Documentation, and Investigation
- New Models for Business and Labor
- Next Frontier Technologies
- Online Hate and Violent Extremism
- Organizational Growth, Impact, and Resources
- Peacebuilding and Digital Humanitarianism
- Privacy and Surveillance
- Trade, Innovation, and Intellectual Property
More information is available here.