On behalf of the ABA Section of International Law (ABA International), we are pleased to invite you to the 2014 Spring Meeting in New York, April 1-5. ABA International’s Spring Meeting will be one of the world’s largest and most important gatherings of international lawyers, with more than 1500 attendees from over 80 countries expected.
LEARN INFORMATION RELEVANT TO YOUR INTERNATIONAL LAW PRACTICE AREA FROM TOP LEGAL EXPERTS, INCLUDING:
- High-level practitioners with the largest and most respected regional, national and global law firms from nearly every continent
- Corporate and in-house counsel from more than 40 corporations, including many of the top global companies
- Small-firm and solo practitioners with significant international practices
- Government lawyers including ambassadors, judges, regulators and former legislators
- Lawyers serving with non-governmental organizations and inter-governmental organizations, such as the World Bank, Doctors Without Borders, the International Criminal Court, the International Chamber of Commerce, the International Monetary Fund, Lambda Legal, Oxfam America, and UN Women
- Academics from top universities and law schools across the U.S. and around the world.
The more than 70 substantive CLE sessions at the 2014 Spring Meeting will feature prominent speakers from start to finish, making it a “Must-Attend” meeting for lawyers with a practice or interest in international legal issues.
Wednesday morning, we begin with Courageous Counsel, including prominent women General Counsels from the Fortune 500, and we conclude Friday afternoon with a look at the legal profession with Senator Evan Bayh, the Honorable Judith Kaye, Bernard Nussbaum, Richard Revesz, and Frederic Ury. In between, you can hear from many prominent speakers, including Chancellor Leo Strine from the Delaware Court of Chancery and Lord Michael Burton, Chief Judge of Commercial Courts, Royal Courts of Justice, London.
The meeting will also feature special programming for corporate counsel, law firm managers, young lawyers, law students, and legal educators.