2016 brought several employment law developments that will undoubtedly affect your workplace. The Fenwick & West Employment Practices Group invites you to attend its annual complimentary briefing to learn more about the most important developments from 2016, and our recommendations to effectively comply with significant changes in the law in 2017 and beyond.
Attorneys Dan McCoy, Saundra Riley, Sheeva Ghassemi-Vanni, Anna Suh, and Jenny Wiegley from Fenwick’s Employment Practices Group will summarize developments in several areas including:
- Wage/Hour: Proposed changes to the federal overtime laws (and the current status thereof) and other worker classification related developments, including the latest developments in contractor misclassification
- Time Off: Amendments to paid sick leave law and paid family benefits, and the proliferation of discretionary time off policies
- Equal Employment Opportunity: Continued developments in states’ fair pay acts, new retaliation guidance from the EEOC, the EEOC’s new EEO-1 pay reporting requirements, and EEOC activity regarding protections for LGBT workers
- Arbitration: Enforceability of class action waivers
- NLRB: Continued scrutiny of employer action and policies and agreements, especially involving social media and other “conduct” policies
- Unfair Competition: Potential limitations on no re-employment clauses with departing employees, including in separation agreements
Join us on for this complimentary program as we explain how these and many other developments will impact your workplace.
This briefing will also be held in San Francisco on January 25. Register for the San Francisco session.