2017 brought several employment law developments that will undoubtedly affect your workplace. The Fenwick & West Employment Practices Group invites you to attend its annual complimentary briefing to learn more about the most important developments from 2017, and our recommendations to effectively comply with significant changes in the law in 2018 and beyond.
Attorneys Dan McCoy, Saundra Riley and Anna Suh from Fenwick’s Employment Practices Group will summarize developments in several areas including:
- Discrimination/EEO: Groundbreaking law prohibiting applicant salary history inquiries; expanded transgender protections; other key developments.
- Harassment: Expanded content scope for harassment prevention training; perspective on how the #MeToo movement is affecting the workplace.
- Time Off: Expanded parental leave laws and other developments.
- Hiring: “Ban the Box” laws sweeping California and the country; developments in the lawful use of criminal conviction history in hiring.
- Wage/Hour: Developments with gig economy freelancers; litigation trends.
Join us on January 25 (Mountain View) or January 30 (San Francisco) for this complimentary program as we explain how these and many other developments will impact your workplace.