The volume of US securities class actions targeting Chinese companies listed on US stock markets has been on the rise since 2009, in particular in 2011 and 2012. Does this mark an end to the boom of Chinese companies seeking US listings, or at least for those through reverse mergers?
Please join CALOBA in our next seminar, "US Listings for Chinese Companies - Past, Present and Future," featuring three experienced CALOBA members, and celebrate the Chinese New Year with us. Our experienced group of speakers will address the latest trend and developments in the capital market practice related to Chinese companies.
Specific topics to be covered include:
- Listing in the US, why and how?
- Legal implications arising from the US listing
- How to mitigate litigation risks
- Going private transactions
- Alternative strategies and future of the capital market
- Opportunities for Chinese American lawyers
- Yan Zhang, Partner, Corporate Practice, Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Alan Seem, Partner, Capital Markets and M&A, Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Bing Zhang Ryan, Associate, Securities Litigation, Berman DeValerio
- Jay Pomerantz, Partner, Securities Litigation, Fenwick & West LLP (moderator)