Why a Career at Fenwick?
Fenwick & West was in Silicon Valley when there were more apricots than silicon. As a result of our history and experience, we are deeply integrated in the unique eco-structure of Silicon Valley, not only with entrepreneurs and their companies, but also with venture capitalists and investment bankers who help drive the area's constant innovation. We represent hundreds of exciting technology and life sciences companies that are redefining e-commerce, communications, cleantech, digital health, entertainment and social media every day. We invite you to dig deeper into Fenwick & West to see what we have to offer YOU!
Like many of our clients, Fenwick proves that sophisticated, cutting-edge work performed at the highest level isn’t always a function of size. Our goal is not to be the biggest law firm, but rather the best law firm in the practice areas critical to our clients. How do we do it? Keeping our focus on what is important to our clients instead of trying to be a legal superstore.
At Fenwick, you’ll find intellectual stimulation in a remarkably collegial atmosphere. The firm’s smaller scale means that you’ll have significant responsibility and client contact. And with very little hierarchy, you’ll be practicing at the highest level for a first-rate group of clients that are doing remarkable things.
Here is a glimpse at what people are saying about Fenwick:
- Recognized in 2013 by Silicon Valley Business Journal and San Francisco Business Times as one of the top five “Best Places to Work” for seven consecutive years
- Ranked #1 on Vault’s 2013 list of Best Green Law Firms to Work For
- Ranked in 2013 as the #2 law firm for technology in the United States by The American Lawyer
- Ranked by Minority Law Journal as one of the top three and by The American Lawyer as one of the top eight most diverse law firms in the United States
- Honored by International Tax Review as one of the world’s leading tax planning and transactional practices, one of only two law firms in the entire U.S. to earn first-tier status
- Named as California’s 2013 “Securities Litigation Department of the Year” by The Recorder
- Named to The National Law Journal’s inaugural “Intellectual Property Hot List” – one of only 20 firms selected in the U.S. for patent, copyright, trademark, and creative strategies for litigation, patent prosecution, licensing and transactional work
- Recognized in 2013 as a “Go-To Shop for Silicon Valley IPOs” by The American Lawyer
- Ranked by FactSet as one of the Top 5 M&A legal advisors in the U.S
- Ranked as one of the top law firms nationally for Venture Capital Law in the “Best Law Firms” 2014 guide released by U.S. News & World Report
Fenwick & West offers law school graduates a truly unique experience. Maybe it's because we're not your typical large firm. We're a mid-size, West Coast firm with a national presence—large enough to attract the biggest, first-rate clients—such as Cisco Systems and Google—yet small enough to maintain a collegial work environment. More
Most firms emphasize the same positive qualities, making it difficult to make meaningful distinctions among firms. We believe that the more you get to know the people at Fenwick, the more you will appreciate that Fenwick truly has a distinctive culture and approach to the practice of law. More
At Fenwick, we recognize the enormous value that an experienced attorney can bring to the firm. If you're considering making a career move, we invite you to consider whether Fenwick is the right fit for you. We believe that the more you get to know Fenwick, the more you will appreciate that we have a truly distinctive culture and approach to the practice of law. More
We realize that talented professionals like you have choices when it comes to selecting an employer. And, with all the law firms emphasizing the same positive qualities, it makes it difficult to make meaningful distinctions among firms. More