Alexis advises on a wide range of litigation matters, including securities litigation, internal investigations, class actions and other complex commercial disputes.
Prior to joining Fenwick, Alexis was a litigation associate at a prestigious international law firm in New York, where he represented a major record company in purported class actions challenging the payment of artist royalties on downloads of digital music and ringtones, as well as a Fortune 500 company seeking coverage from numerous insurers for historic PCB contamination of a major waterway.
- Represents a major corporation in a regulatory investigation by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, as well as derivative litigation and a shareholder class action alleging securities fraud.
- Represents a venture capital firm and one of its directors in bankruptcy litigation alleging breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represents a corporation conducting an internal investigation into alleged violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act by its Chinese subsidiary.
- Represented officers and employees as pool counsel in an internal investigation regarding possible earnings management.
- Represented a corporation and its directors in M&A-related securities litigation alleging breach of fiduciary duty.
- Defended an individual against allegations of insider trading by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Alexis’ pro bono practice includes defending an individual against allegations of insider trading in an enforcement action brought by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. His pro bono practice have also included representing foreign nationals in their petitions for asylum, with a special emphasis on LGBT asylum seekers.
Education & Admissions
J.D., cum laude, Harvard Law School
A.B., magna cum laude, Social Studies
Admitted to practice in California and New York
Admitted to practice in the Ninth Circuit, Northern District of California and Southern District of New York
Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US)