Arjun regularly provides product counseling services to technology clients in emerging and disruptive industries, including autonomous and connected vehicles, smart locks and access, virtual and augmented reality, eSports, gaming, robotics and blockchain. He works with these clients to develop optimal support, licensing and distribution models for their business and identify key risks and mitigation strategies in the context of uncertain legal and regulatory frameworks.
Arjun also focuses part of his practice on advising technology clients on the IP, technology and data privacy aspects of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financings and capital markets offerings. He has extensive experience conducting IP and privacy due diligence, and drafting and negotiating the IP aspects of acquisition documents.
Prior to joining Fenwick, Arjun was an associate in the New York office of a leading international law firm where he engaged in a broad-based transactional practice, focusing on domestic and cross-border intellectual property transactions.
While attending law school, Arjun was an editor for the Cornell Law Review and was the recipient of the Boardman Third Year Law Prize. He also received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in his Business Organizations, Securities Regulation, Property and Criminal Law courses.
- Drafted and negotiated a series of complex license and services arrangements on behalf of an autonomous vehicle software provider with various autonomous fleet operators
- Advised an international gaming company on the acquisition and governance of a professional eSports franchise
- Drafted and negotiated a software subscription agreement on behalf of a provider of virtual and augmented reality workplace collaboration software
- Counseled a provider of smart access systems on the structuring and build-out of its channel partner program
- Drafted and negotiated an interoperability agreement on behalf of a global messaging app to govern the sharing of user data and communications between the U.S. and non-U.S. versions of the messaging app after the non-U.S. business was sold off to a third-party acquirer
Education & Admissions
J.D., summa cum laude
Cornell University Law School
B.A., cum laude, Economics and Political Science
University of California, Davis
Admitted to practice in California and New York