Evan provides counsel and guidance to companies in all stages of their life cycles, from the seed of an idea to its execution and funding, and eventual exit. He works closely with founders, investors, boards and entrepreneurs across a wide range of technologies.
Evan has handled and negotiated hundreds of venture capital and private equity financings for those providing and seeking capital. In addition, he is well-versed in corporate governance, securities laws and mergers and acquisitions, and regularly advises clients through complex exit transactions. And with a home in Brooklyn's DUMBO neighborhood (a nexus for many tech startups), Evan’s roots are firmly planted in the New York City startup community.
In addition to his work for the firm, Evan often serves as a mentor to the startup community, writing, speaking and leading seminars on legal and business issues for various groups, incubators and accelerators in and around NYC. He is co-author of Fenwick’s Convertible Debt Terms - Survey of Market Trends 2019/2020, a report that provides insight into what is market in convertible note terms of interest to founders, board members and investors.
Prior to joining Fenwick, Evan was a partner in the New York office of a major national law firm.
- Billie in all venture capital financings, including its $25M Series A round to Goldman Sachs
- Gotham Greens in its $30M growth equity financing
- Sure, a leading insurtech company, in all venture capital financings, including its most recent Series B growth round
- Sealed in all venture capital financings, including its most recent Series A round to a leading venture capital fund in NYC
- Blockdaemon, a blockchain deployment facilitator, in all venture capital financings including its most recent lead by Lerer-Hippeau Ventures
- Stein’s Brands in fund formation and all investment transactions
- Enlightened Hospitality Investments in its Series B investment in Goldbelly
- 24/7 Laundry Service in its sale to Wasserman Media Group
- Spoon University in its sale to Discovery (Scripps)
- LiquidSky Software in its sale to Walmart
Education & Admissions
J.D., Hofstra University, Maurice A. Deane School of Law
B.A., Colgate University
Admitted to practice in New York and Massachusetts