Igor provides strategic financial regulatory advice to clients including many of the largest companies and operators in the crypto industry including exchanges, foundations, custodians, and other crypto focused companies.
Igor has been representing companies and individuals in all aspects of crypto and blockchain-related legal matters, such as responding to regulatory inquiries and defending companies in government investigations, obtaining money transmitter and other state licenses, or no action letters, exemptive relief, helping establish bank partnerships, and generally advising on the following:
- anti-money laundering, sanctions, and other compliance issues
- securities laws including exempt securities offerings
- tokenization initiatives of real-world assets
- L1/L2, defi and dex models
- Decentralized governance systems
- Adoption of crypto payments systems in various industries such as with remittance and gaming space
Prior to joining Fenwick, Igor was an enforcement attorney for the Washington State Department of Financial Institutions.