Khiree advises on a broad variety of corporate matters, focusing on the representation of technology startup companies and institutional investment firms in their portfolio company investments.
Prior to joining Fenwick, Khiree was an associate at a leading national law firm where he counseled private equity investors, venture capital and emerging growth companies, institutional investors and private funds in securities transactions and corporate matters including mergers and acquisitions, formations and debt and equity financing.
During law school, Khiree was chair of corporate relations for the Georgetown University Black Students Law Association Executive Board. He was also part of the university’s law and entrepreneurship practicums where he advised an alternative energy startup on formation, debt, equity and alternative financing.
Khiree received the national Best Closing Argument award and a nomination for President Obama’s Champions of Change award. Khiree is also an accomplished speaker, having delivered keynote addresses across the U.S. and globally.
Presentations and Speaking Engagements
- Led trainings at President Obama’s Office of Justice Programs National Forum
- Addressed the United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime in Vienna, Austria, discussing strategic community problem solving and environmental change strategies, and coached young ambassadors from Peru, Italy, Austria and Serbia to address the assembly regarding issues in their communities
- Met with high-ranking government officials in Rome, Italy to advise on approaches to community problem solving and youth drug prevention
- Led trainings at the first Global Forum on Drug Abuse in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Coached thousands of youth and adults from around the world in strategic problem solving, violence prevention, policy advocacy and public speaking with the Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America
- Advised Fortune 500 companies on improving diversity and inclusion with Impact Strategies, a Washington, DC political advocacy firm devoted to fostering diversity in politics
Education & Admissions
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
B.A., cum laude, Sociology
Admitted to practice in California and Connecticut