Andrew Albertson counsels public and private life sciences and technology companies. Andy’s practice focuses on providing strategic and practical counseling to high growth life sciences and technology companies, ranging from early startup teams to mature public companies, as well as many leading venture capital and private equity firms. Andy has extensive experience structuring, negotiating and executing a wide variety of corporate transactions including: seed and venture capital financings, growth equity/structured minority equity financings, debt financings, corporate reorganizations and recapitalizations, joint ventures, complex mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions.
- Advanced Medical Technologies’ acquisition by CAE Healthcare
- Airware’s Series C financing and acquisition of Redbird
- Amnis’ acquisition by EMD Millipore (Life Science division of Merck KGaA)
- Buuteeq’s acquisition by Priceline
- Cepheid’s multiple strategic transactions
- Cervel Neurotech’s multiple financings
- Cisco Systems’ acquisition of Jasper
- Cray’s multiple strategic transactions
- LipoSonix’s $300M acquisition by Medicis Pharmaceutical
- Multiple venture capital financings representing Accel-KKR, Blackstone Group, Institutional Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Madrona Venture Group, Voyager Capital, and Vulcan.
- Niantic Labs' spinout from Google and $20M Series A financing
- Pixvana’s multiple financings
- Qumulo’s multiple financings
- Redfin’s multiple financings
- Responsys’ $1.5B acquisition by Oracle
- Signostics’ Series A financing with KKR
- Smartsheet.com’s multiple financings
- Technicolor’s joint venture with Deluxe
- Theraclone Sciences’ multiple financings
- Trubion Pharmaceuticals' $135.5M acquisition by Emergent BioSolutions
- Two Bit Circus’ multiple financings
- Uber’s $3.5B investment by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund
- Vicis’ multiple financings
Andy has been honored as a Rising Star in the area of M&A and Securities & Corporate Finance by Super Lawyer Magazine in 2016 and 2015 and is a regular speaker on corporate finance and strategic transactions.
Before joining Fenwick & West, Andy was an associate in the corporate group for Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe's Seattle office.