Andrew Albertson counsels public and private technology and life sciences companies. Andy’s practice focuses on providing strategic and practical counseling to high growth technology and life sciences companies, ranging from energetic startup teams to mature public companies, as well as many leading venture capital and private equity firms. Andy has extensive experience structuring, negotiating and executing a wide variety of corporate transactions including: seed and venture capital financings, growth equity/structured minority equity financings, debt financings, corporate reorganizations and recapitalizations, joint ventures, complex mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions.
- Aasonn’s $20M financing by LLR Partners
- Advanced Medical Technologies’ acquisition by CAE Healthcare
- Amnis’ acquisition by EMD Millipore (Life Science division of Merck KGaA)
- Buuteeq’s acquisition by Priceline
- Cepheid’s $345M convertible debt offering pursuant to Rule 144A
- Cepheid’s acquisition of one of its plastic molders
- Cervel Neurotech’s multiple financings
- Cisco Systems’ $99M acquisition of CoreOptics
- Cray’s $140M sale of its interconnect hardware development program and related intellectual property to Intel Corporation
- Cray’s $21.8M acquisition of Appro International
- LipoSonix’s $300M acquisition by Medicis Pharmaceutical
- Many debt and equity financing transactions for Infinia Corporation, exceeding $250M
- Multiple venture capital financings representing Accel-KKR, Blackstone Group, Institutional Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Madrona Venture Group, Voyager Capital, and Vulcan.
- Niantic Labs' spinout from Google and $20M Series A financing
- Papertrail’s acquisition by SolarWinds
- Qumulo’s multiple financings
- Redfin’s multiple financings
- Responsys’ $1.5B acquisition by Oracle
- Singapore Telecommunications’ $321M acquisition of Amobee
- Smartsheet.com’s multiple financings
- Technicolor’s joint venture with Deluxe
- Theraclone Sciences’ multiple financings
- Trubion Pharmaceuticals' $135.5M acquisition by Emergent BioSolutions
Andy has been honored as a Rising Star in the area of M&A and Securities & Corporate Finance by Super Lawyer Magazine in 2016 and 2015 and is a regular speaker on corporate finance and strategic transactions.
Before joining Fenwick & West, Andy was an associate in the corporate group for Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe's Seattle office.