Jennifer Bush focuses her practice on prosecuting patent applications in a wide range of technical fields, including computer software, Internet technologies, RFID, and business methods. Jennifer also has patent prosecution experience with life sciences and medical devices. Her practice also involves intellectual property strategy and counseling, as well as inter partes reviews, patent appeals and reexaminations. Jennifer has analyzed intellectual property issues for numerous due diligence and litigation matters.
In addition to providing legal services for her clients, Jennifer is a Lecturer-in-Law at the University of California, Davis School of Law, where she teaches patent prosecution and practice. She is also a member of the faculty at the Practicing Law Institute, and co-chair of the annual Fundamentals of Patent Prosecution boot camp. She has lectured on topics related to patent law at the University of California, Hastings College of the Law and Santa Clara University School of Law.
During law school, Jennifer was awarded the faculty-selected Mabie Award for Outstanding Graduate, peer-selected Graduating Student of the Year, and served as Editor-in-Chief of the Santa Clara Law Review.
Prior to rejoining Fenwick & West, Jennifer was General Counsel with Apercen Partners LLC, serving as sole counsel for seven entities spanning a breadth of legal issues, including IP, employment, contract, securities, tax and general compliance matters. Before her time with Apercen Partners LLC, she was an associate at Fenwick & West from 2003 to 2011.
- Robert A. Hulse, Puneet Sarna, Rajendra Panwar, and Jennifer R. Bush, Section 102 and the MPEP, in Prior Art & Obviousness 2010: Current Trends In Section 102 & 103 (Practising Law Institute), June 2011.
- Jennifer R. Bush & Stuart P. Meyer, The Tortoise, the Hare, and the Status Quo, FENWICK & WEST IP BULLETIN (Fall 2010), at 3.
- Rajiv P. Patel & Jennifer R. Bush, An Introduction to U.S. Patent Prosecution, in Fundamentals Of Patent Prosecution 2010: A Boot Camp For Claim Drafting & Amendment Writing (Practising Law Institute), July 2010, at 385.
- Jennifer R. Bush, Traveling Together Along the Patent Prosecution Highway, IP Review Online, March 19, 2010.
- Jennifer R. Bush, The Patent Prosecution Highway: An Expanding Option for Multinational Patent Filings, Fenwick & West IP Bulletin (Summer 2009), at 1.
- Jennifer R. Bush and Rajiv P. Patel, Giving Another Look to Patent Reexaminations, Fenwick & West IP Bulletin (Spring 2008), at 2.
- Jennifer R. Bush and Rajiv P. Patel, Patent Possibilities, Los Angeles Daily J., March 6, 2008, at 7.
- Jennifer R. Bush, The Patent Prosecution Highway: A First Step for International Patent Harmonization?, Fenwick & West IP Bulletin (Fall 2006), at 3.
- Jennifer R. Bush, Closer View Sees Bumps in the Patent Prosecution Highway, Los Angeles Daily J., September 19, 2006, at 9.
- Jennifer R. Bush, ‘Phillips’ May Decide Conflict in Patent Claim Construction, Los Angeles Daily J., December 20, 2004, at 7.
- Jennifer R. Johnson, Out of Context: Texas Digital, the Uncertainty of Language, and the Search for Ordinary Meaning, 44 IDEA 521 (2004).
- Jennifer R. Johnson, It’s a Small World After All: Proposed Solutions for Global Antitrust in a System of National Laws, 1 Santa Clara J. of Int’l Law 118 (2003).
- Jennifer R. Johnson, Employers Take Note, State Bar of California Diversity Newsletter (Fall 2003).
- Jennifer R. Johnson & Ami Mudd DeCelle, Book Review: The World Court in Action: Judging Among the Nations, 43 Santa Clara L. Rev. 319 (2002), reprinted in UN 21 Newsletter (October 2003).
Polarizing Light Filters
Database Management and Data Analytics
- Partially Ordered Queue for Efficient Processing of Assets (8,051,433)
- Efficient Processing of Assets with Multiple Data Feeds (8,046,780)
- Visualization and Processing of Multidimensional Data Using Prefiltered and Sorting Criteria (7,379,601)
- Incrementally Adding Segmentation Criteria to a Data Set (7,991,732)
- Creation of Segmentation Definitions (7,761,457)
- Assessment of Click or Traffic Quality (8,209,406)
- Comparison of Website Visitation Data Sets Generated From Using Different Navigation Tools (7,383,334)
- Assigning Value to Elements Contributing to Business Success (7,603,373)
- Web-Based Content Detection in Images, Extraction and Recognition (8,385,589)
- Capturing Symbolic Information from Documents Upon Printing (8,201,076)
- Mixed Media Reality Recognition Using Multiple Specialized Indexes (8,369,655)
- Mixed Media Reality Brokerage Network with Layout-Independent Recognition (7,769,772)
- Multi-Classifier Selection and Monitoring for MMR-Based Image Recognition (8,073,263)
- Document-Based Networking with Mixed Media Reality (8,156,115)
- Live Content Resizing (7,797,643) (included in Steve Jobs Exhibit at USPTO)
- Context Based Adaptive Image Resampling (7,526,138)
- User Interface Control for Changing A Parameter (7,554,521)
- Widget Authoring and Editing Environment (7,546,543)
- Remote Access to Layer and User Interface Elements (7,503,010)
- User Interface Element with Auxiliary Function (7,530,026)
- Configuration Bar for Launching Layer for Accessing User Interface Elements (7,873,910)
- Layer for Accessing User Interface Elements (8,291,332)