Mark Leahy, a seasoned advisor to technology companies on a broad range of corporate transactional matters, focuses on providing legal solutions that advance his clients’ business objectives. With a deep understanding of each client’s business and competitive landscape, Mark provides practical guidance through the complex legal and business hurdles of company growth. He enjoys learning about each of his clients, understanding their needs, and playing a central role in their business transactions.
Mark’s practice focuses on venture capital financings, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, and public offerings. His expertise spans a wide range of technologies, including software, semiconductor, internet/e-commerce, and data management and storage.
His client roster is comprised of companies at all stages of development – from entrepreneurs seeking company formation advice, to startups seeking additional funding, to public company acquirers in search of targets in the technology space.
- Represented ParAccel, a company in the big data analytics space, in its last set of financing rounds and its acquisition by database vendor Actian
- Represented Pulse news reader maker Alphonso Labs in all of its financing rounds and its acquisition by LinkedIn
- Represented approximately 50 startup companies over the last three years in their various types of financing transactions
- Mark was recognized as a “Leading Lawyer” in the 2013 The Legal 500 in the areas of Venture Capital and Emerging Companies.
- Mark served for eleven years as a board member of the Churchill Club, a Silicon Valley business and technology forum, and is a Board Emeritus member.
What Can You Expect When You Work with Mark?
Working with Mark means having a strategic partner who knows your business, maintains strong relationships with your executive team and board members, and is dedicated to superior client service. No matter how your company changes or grows, Mark will be a readily accessible resource for sound legal solutions and business advice.
More About Mark
Prior to law school, Mark had a career as an engineer at an aerospace company.
He enjoys returning every year to his law school alma mater, the University of Chicago, where he is actively involved in recruiting new students into the legal profession.
In his free time, Mark loves to hang out with his children and take part in their hobbies – including running and skateboarding.