Matthew Becker represents clients in commercial and intellectual property litigation, with a focus on copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent, and complex commercial disputes, both in district court and appellate proceedings. Matt regularly counsels clients from various industries including in the software, e-commerce, games, Internet, and life sciences spaces.
During law school, Matthew served as Editor-in-Chief of the Harvard Journal of Law & Technology, as a Fellow at the Berkman Center for Internet and Society, and also worked as a legal intern at the Wikimedia Foundation.
- “Supreme Court Rocks the Trademark Office in “Slants” Case,” Fenwick & West, June 20, 2017
- “Federal Circuit Panel Holds Trade Secret Disgorgement of Profits Must Be Awarded by Judge, Not Jury,” Fenwick & West IP Bulletin – Summer 2018, July 10, 2018
- “Hey Joe, you going to pay for that public performance?,” Daily Journal, December 11, 2017 (log-in required)
- “Mapping Cloud Interoperability in the Globalized Economy: Theory and Observation from Practice”, Berkman Center Research Publication No. 2012-19, December 2012 (co-author)
- “Interoperability Case Study: Cloud Computing”, Berkman Center Research Publication No. 2012-11, April 2012
- “Interoperability Case Study: Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)”, Berkman Center Research Publication No. 2012-5, March 2012
- “Interoperability Case Study: The Bar Code/UPC”, Berkman Center Research Publication No. 2012-4, March 2012
- “Re-Conceptualizlng Copyright in Virtual Worlds”, Harvard Journal of Law & Technology Digest, Fall 2010.
- “Going on Automatic: The Right Path Toward Retirement Income Security for All?”, Larry W. Beeferman and Matthew B. Becker, Capital Matters Occasional Paper Series, No.6, September 2010