Robert Freedman is co-chair of the Securities & Corporate Finance group and provides corporate and securities law services to late stage and public technology and life sciences companies. He leads initial public offerings and follow-on offerings of equity and debt, and focuses on advising boards and management on corporate and securities law compliance and disclosure matters. Rob has represented issuers and underwriters in securities offerings by public companies for over 20 years. Rob also concentrates on mergers and acquisitions and private financings for public companies.
Clients Rob has represented in initial public offerings include:
- BioPharmX Corporation
- Castlight Health, Inc.
- Corium International, Inc.
- Cowen and Company, LLC
- Dermira, Inc.
- DexCom, Inc.
- J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.
- Loxo Oncology, Inc.
- Planet Payment, Inc.
- Piper Jaffray & Co.
- ProNAi Therapeutics, Inc.
- ServiceNow, Inc.
- Shutterfly, Inc.
- Silver Spring Networks, Inc.
Clients Rob has represented in merger and acquisition and tender offer transactions include:
- DexCom, Inc.’s acquisition of SweetSpot Diabetes Care, Inc.
- Zappos.com, Inc.’s acquisition by Amazon.com, Inc.
- Alpha Innotech Corp.’s acquisition by Cell Biosciences, Inc.
- Data Domain, Inc.’s acquisition by EMC Corporation
- Cisco Systems, Inc.’s acquisition of WebEx Communications, Inc.
- Macromedia, Inc.’s merger with Adobe, Inc.
In 2015, Robert was recommended by The Legal 500 for his individual practice and role as co-chair of Fenwick’s corporate and securities practice, which was recognized as a team of “highly knowledgeable and flexible technology sector specialists.
Rob is the co-chair for the Practising Law Institute’s “How to Prepare an Initial Public Offering” program.
Prior to law school, Rob was a banker for Manufacturers Hanover Trust in New York.